Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Yarnall’s moving and storage services as well as customer feedback. If you have questions or comments that are not addressed here, please contact us.

When is the best time to move?
If there is a choice, most moving companies suggest you select a time other than summer, the end of the month, or the end of the year holidays. The heaviest demands are placed on vans, equipment and personnel during these periods. However, you should move when it is most convenient for you. Factors involved in the decision may include: whether the move must be made immediately, whether you’ll be transferring children during the school term and whether you’ll be separating your family while the move is under way.

For a local move, consider scheduling an estimate 4 to 6 weeks prior to the move date.

Do I need an estimate?
Yarnall will provide, at no charge to you, a written estimate regarding the costs associated with your move. The estimate is a breakdown of all the services and related charges needed to complete your move. A local move is based upon the amount of time needed to complete the move. By state law, it is a requirement for any mover in the state of Florida to provide a written estimate to any customer prior to starting any work.

When is payment due? What form of payments do you take?
With local moves, payment is due at the time the move is completed, as the charges are based upon an hourly rate. Forms of payment: Local/Intra-state moves can be paid by cash, bank check, money order or by credit card. To honor any credit card, you must notify your representative prior to the move starting that you will be paying by credit card, in most cases the charges must be charged prior to the move starting. You should check with your agent if you wish to use a credit card.

Are my goods protected against loss or damage while in transit?
Yes, but how much protection you have and the cost to you depend on the valuation option you choose. The valuation option you choose determines the basis upon which any claim will be adjusted and establishes the maximum liability. The liability of a carrier for loss or damage is based upon the carrier’s tariffs, as well as federal laws and regulations, and has certain limitations and exclusions. Valuation is not insurance, it is simply a tariff-based level of motor carrier liability. If you desire protection afforded by an insurance policy, you should see your insurance company representative about available coverages. The options available during a move, are basic liability of .60 cents per pound per article or full replacement coverage. The basic liability coverage is included with your move at no additional costs. Under the full replacement coverage plan, if your articles are lost or damaged while in Yarnall care, they will be repaired, replaced with like items or a cash settlement will be made for the current market replacement value, regardless of the age of the item. Yarnall will decide on the settlement method. Full Replacement coverage and deductible options are available in dollar increments to fit your needs. The total liability for loss or damage will be the amount you declare as the value of your shipment. The minimum total declared value must be at least equal to the weight of your shipment multiplied by $5. Again this coverage carries an additional charge to the cost of your move.

Can I move jewelry and other valuables?
Items of extraordinary value such as jewelry, money, antiques and stamp collections can be included in your shipment, provided you notify the Yarnall agent of these items before packing or moving day. However, we strongly recommend that you carry irreplaceable and expensive articles with you or make other arrangements for their transport.

Can I move my house plants?
Yarnall cannot accept responsibility for safely moving your plants because they may suffer from a lack of water and light and be exposed to temperature changes while in the van. Some states prohibit the entry of all plants, while other states will admit plants under certain conditions; other states have no plant regulations.